Senior Research Scientist in Curriculum Studies and Teacher Learning (CRPP) National Institute of Education (NIE), Centre for Research in Pedagogy and Practice (CRPP)
Senior Research Scientist in Curriculum Studies and Teacher Learning (CRPP)
The Office of Education Research (OER) of the National Institute of Education (NIE), Singapore, comprises the Centre for Research in Pedagogy and Practice (CRPP), Education and Cognitive Development Lab (ECDL) and Learning Sciences Lab (LSL).
The Centre for Research in Pedagogy and Practice (CRPP) in OER/NIE is looking for Senior Research Scientists to join their research efforts. The Centre currently has funded baseline studies and intervention programmes and is interested in candidates with expertise in new pedagogies, teacher learning and professional development, collaborative learning, sociology of education and the broader social context of education or cross-cultural comparative studies.
Candidates with appropriate qualifications and relevant research experience are encouraged to apply. Successful candidates will work with a team of researchers in CRPP.
• PhD with an emphasis on curriculum studies and teacher learning or a relevant discipline;
• Passion for, and a track record of, research in the field of new pedagogies, teacher learning and professional development;
• Minimum 5 years postdoctoral experience;
• Experience in cutting edge educational research and addressing challenges in education;
• Strong working knowledge of various qualitative research methodologies (training in, or a record in, longitudinal research will be an advantage);
• Record of scholarly productivity or evidence of emerging research agenda;
• Demonstrable track record in the following areas: ∞ Research leadership in a research group or center ∞ High quality publications (i.e. quality and impact of academic publisher, citations and ranking of journal publications etc.) ∞ Supervision of undergraduate and/or graduate students ∞ Writing of or contribution towards research proposals which are submitted for peer-reviewed funding processes ∞ Independence in research (i.e. senior authorship/sole authorship of high-quality publications and invited presentations at conferences);
• Attainment of funding through a competitive peer-reviewed process;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; and
• Experience working with Government stakeholders
• Take a leading role in the further development of research programmes and in seeking and pursuing appropriate external funding;
• Design, implement, evaluate and disseminate theory-driven interventions in real-world settings;
• Apply for and conduct quality research and work collaboratively to charge new directions for educational policies and pedagogical practices research;
• Disseminate the outcomes of the research including in peer-reviewed academic publications of international standing;
• Participate fully in the wider research and service activities to OER/NIE;
• Take responsibility for, manage and conduct administrative and management tasks associated with your programme of research;
• Build productive professional relationships with schools and practitioner communities; and
• Supervise students by research and/or dissertation (i.e. supervise Master’s and Ed.D. students)
Applicants should complete and submit the following document/s:
• Application form for academic positions (Personal Particulars Form).
• Cover letter addressing how you meet the requirements of this position;
• Resume including your publication list, names of three referees and desired starting date of employment;
• 1 to 3 of your best publications;
• Research statement indicating your research interests; and
• Any other documents that demonstrate your qualifications
Please indicate the position code (SRS CSTL) in the e-mail subject heading and send your application to email@example.com
Note to applicants:
1. You will receive an auto-reply acknowledging receipt of your email application.
2. We regret that only successful candidates will be notified (via email).
3. By responding to this job advertisement, you are deemed to consent to NIE collecting, using and disclosing your personal data for the purpose of assessing your job application.
Review of applicants will continue until suitable candidates are found.
Salary will be commensurate with the candidate's qualification and experience.
If you apply for this position please say you saw it on Educaloxy