Research Scientist in the Learning Sciences Lab National Institute of Education, Learning Sciences Lab (LSL)
Research Scientist in the Learning Sciences Lab (LSL)
The Office of Education Research (OER) of the National Institute of Education (NIE), Singapore, comprises the Centre for Research in Pedagogy and Practice (CRPP), Education and Cognitive Development Lab (ECDL) and Learning Sciences Lab (LSL).
The Learning Sciences Lab (LSL) in OER/NIE is looking for a Research Scientist to join their research efforts. The Lab is interested in candidates with expertise in student-generated designs, game-based learning, mobile learning, embodied cognition, educational neuroscience, learning analytics and artificial intelligence in education. Interdisciplinary interests, epistemological and methodological perspectives and expertise are valued.
Candidates with appropriate qualifications and relevant research experience are encouraged to apply. Successful candidates will work with a team of faculty and researchers to methodically develop and examine a wide range of designs for learning and teaching in real ecologies, both in and out of Singapore schools.
• PhD in a relevant discipline (i.e. education neuroscience, learning analytics, design thinking, computer science and other related disciplines);
• Passion for, and a track record of, quality and high-impact research;
• Proficiency in statistical and psychometric concepts, analysis, and interpretation;
• Experience in designing and carrying out an interventionist research agenda;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
• Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment; and
• Experience working with Government stakeholders
• Collaborate with researchers within LSL on pre-existing and future research projects;
• Bid for competitive research grants;
• Participate fully in the wider research and service activities to OER/NIE; and
• Take responsibility for, manage and conduct administrative and management tasks associated with your programme of research
Applicants should complete and submit the following document/s:
• Application form for academic positions (Personal Particulars Form).
• Cover letter addressing how you meet the requirements of this position;
• Resume including your publication list, names of three referees and desired starting date of employment;
• 1 to 3 of your best publications;
• Research statement indicating your research interests; and
• Any other documents that demonstrate your qualifications
Please indicate the position code (LSL RS) in the e-mail subject heading and send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note to applicants:
1. You will receive an auto-reply acknowledging receipt of your email application.
2. We regret that only successful candidates will be notified (via email).
3. By responding to this job advertisement, you are deemed to consent to NIE collecting, using and disclosing your personal data for the purpose of assessing your job application.
Review of applicants will continue until suitable candidates are found.
Salary will be commensurate with the candidate's qualification and experience.
If you apply for this position please say you saw it on Educaloxy