Senior / Principal Research Scientist in Education and Cognitive Development Lab National Institute of Education, Education and Cognitive Development Lab (ECDL)
Senior / Principal Research Scientist in Education and Cognitive Development Lab (ECDL)
The Office of Education Research (OER) of the National Institute of Education (NIE), Singapore, comprises the Centre for Research in Pedagogy and Practice (CRPP), Education and Cognitive Development Lab (ECDL) and Learning Sciences Lab (LSL).
The Education and Cognitive Development Lab (ECDL) in OER/NIE is looking for Senior / Principal Research Scientists to join their research efforts. We are interested in candidates with expertise in the following areas: (a) individual differences in neurodevelopment in relation to executive functioning, memory, and/or academic achievement; (b) the role of parenting on the development of children’s executive functioning, memory, academic achievement, or socio-emotional skills. We currently have funded longitudinal studies and intervention programmes in both areas. Candidates are expected to collaborate in these on-going efforts and to obtain funding to work on their own projects.
• PhD in a relevant discipline (i.e. psychology, cognitive science, cognitive or behavioural neuroscience);
• Significant post-qualification research experience;
• Minimum 5 years postdoctoral experience;
• Demonstrated ability to lead a research team and mentor junior research staff;
• Experience in cutting edge educational research and addressing challenges in education;
• Demonstrable track record in the following areas: o Research leadership in a research group or center o High quality publications (i.e. quality and impact of academic publisher, citations and ranking of journal publications etc.) o Supervision of undergraduate and/or graduate students o Writing of or contribution towards research proposals which are submitted for peer-reviewed funding processes o Independence in research (i.e. senior authorship/sole authorship of high-quality publications and invited presentations at conferences);
• Attainment of funding through a competitive peer-reviewed process;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; and
• Experience working with Government stakeholders
• Take a leading role in the further development of research programmes and in seeking and pursuing appropriate external funding;
• Design, implement, evaluate and disseminate theory-driven interventions in real-world settings;
• Apply for and conduct quality research and work collaboratively to charge new directions for educational neuroscience research;
• Disseminate the outcomes of research including in peer-reviewed publications of international standing;
• Participate fully in the wider research and service activities of OER/NIE;
• Take responsibility for, manage and conduct administrative and management tasks associated with your programme of research;
• Supervise students by research and/or dissertation (i.e. supervise Master’s and EdD students); and
• Participate in research of strategic importance to ECDL and OER.
Applicants should complete and submit the following document/s:
• Application form for academic positions (Personal Particulars Form).
• Cover letter addressing how you meet the requirements of this position;
• Resume including your publication list, names of three referees;
• 3 of your best publications;
• Research statement indicating your research interests; and
• Any other documents that demonstrate your qualifications
Please indicate the position code (ECDL SPRS) in the e-mail subject heading and send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note to applicants:
1. You will receive an auto-reply acknowledging receipt of your email application.
2. We regret that only successful candidates will be notified (via email).
3. By responding to this job advertisement, you are deemed to consent to NIE collecting, using and disclosing your personal data for the purpose of assessing your job application.
Review of applicants will continue until suitable candidates are found.
Salary will be commensurate with the candidate's qualification and experience. Queries regarding the position should be directed to Assoc Prof Kerry Lee, Head of Research (ECDL), kerry.Lee@nie.edu.sg.
If you apply for this position please say you saw it on Educaloxy