Senior Research Scientist in Core Innovation National Institute of Education, Centre for Research in Pedagogy and Practice (CRPP)
Senior Research Scientist in Core Innovation (CRPP)
The Office of Education Research (OER) of the National Institute of Education (NIE), Singapore, comprises the Centre for Research in Pedagogy and Practice (CRPP), Education and Cognitive Development Lab (ECDL) and Learning Sciences Lab (LSL).
The Centre for Research in Pedagogy and Practice (CRPP) in OER/NIE is looking for Senior Research Scientists to join their research efforts. The Centre currently has funded baseline studies and intervention programmes and is interested in candidates with expertise in sociology of education, innovation education, values education, educational choice, transitions and pathways, and youth identity formation. Methodological preferences will be given for expertise in longitudinal (qualitative and quantitative) and ethnographic studies.
Candidates with appropriate qualifications and relevant research experience are encouraged to apply. Successful candidates will collaborate with colleagues within CRPP on pre-existing research projects focusing on system studies in education, educational policies and student learning. In particular, candidates will be expected to develop and implement a programmatic field of research that will address key contemporary challenges in Singapore education and communicate sophisticated educational research to audiences including key stakeholders in the Ministry of Education (MOE), Singapore, and NIE/OER.
• PhD in a relevant discipline (i.e. sociology of education, innovation education, values education, civics education, character education and citizenship education);
• Minimum 5 years postdoctoral experience;
• Experience in cutting edge educational research and addressing challenges in education;
• Demonstrable track record in the following areas: o Research leadership in a research group or center o High quality publications (i.e. quality and impact of academic publisher, citations and ranking of journal publications etc.) o Supervision of undergraduate and/or graduate students o Writing of or contribution towards research proposals which are submitted for peer-reviewed funding processes o Independence in research (i.e. senior authorship/sole authorship of high-quality publications and invited presentations at conferences);
• Attainment of funding through a competitive peer-reviewed process;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; and
• Experience working with Government stakeholders
• Take a leading role in the further development of research programmes and in seeking and pursuing appropriate external funding;
• Design, implement, evaluate and disseminate theory-driven interventions in real-world settings;
• Apply for and conduct quality research and work collaboratively to charge new directions for educational research;
• Disseminate the outcomes of the research including in peer-reviewed academic publications of international standing;
• Participate fully in the wider research and service activities to OER/NIE;
• Take responsibility for, manage and conduct administrative and management tasks associated with your programme of research;
• Build productive professional relationships with government ministries, non-governmental organizations and charity organizations; and
• Supervise students by research and/or dissertation (i.e. supervise Master’s and Ed.D. students)
Applicants should complete and submit the following document/s:
• Application form for academic positions (Personal Particulars Form).
• Cover letter addressing how you meet the requirements of this position;
• Resume including your publication list, names of three referees and your desired starting date of employment;
• 1 to 3 of your best publications;
• Research statement indicating your research interests; and
• Any other documents that demonstrate your qualifications
Please indicate the position code (SRS Core) in the e-mail subject heading and send your application to email@example.com
Note to applicants:
1. You will receive an auto-reply acknowledging receipt of your email application.
2. We regret that only successful candidates will be notified (via email).
3. By responding to this job advertisement, you are deemed to consent to NIE collecting, using and disclosing your personal data for the purpose of assessing your job application.
Review of applicants will continue until suitable candidates are found.
Salary will be commensurate with the candidate's qualification and experience.
If you apply for this position please say you saw it on Educaloxy